We recently got the inside scoop with content creator, Maya Gypsy. Here is what she had to say.
HOW DID YOU BECOME AN INFLUENCER?
That’s a funny story, we started as a label. We had a small budget to create the content for our website and instagram so we started creating our own content. Not long after we had labels contacting us to create content for them.
BIGGEST CHALLENGE AS AN INFLUENCER?
Valuing our work/time and putting a price tag to it without any clear guidelines.
WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IN A BRAND?
Brand alignment. Brands who understand what to expect from content creators and who give freedom of creativity.
YES TO BRANDS WITH?
- Personalised email with a clear request
- Good website
- Social media savvy
- Friendly and easy to communicate
NO TO BRANDS IF?
- Brands who don’t understand the value of content.
- Unrelated brand or business
DO’s brands need to follow when working with Influencers:
- Do post the high res photos
- Do keep the integrity of the frame / composition
- Do give freedom to create
- Do communicate your expectations and goals for the collaboration
- Do give credit to the creator
- Do show gratitude
- Do give clear timelines
- Do ask for insights
- Do like and comment on the creators post
- Do post at optimal times
- Do ask for insights post collaboration
DON’T’s brands need to follow when working with Influencers:
- Don’t post low res images
- Don’t add fake likes to your posts
- Don’t undervalue content
PREDICTION FOR THE INFLUENCER COMMUNITY:
There’s been a lot of talk about video for a while and we have only started seeing it now , I believe the same thing that happened with mobile marketing will happen with video and it will become a big portion of marketing. I think personal connection will become increasingly more important for brands, this can be achieved through powerful storytelling and a wholesome approach to their marketing.
IMPORTANCE OF JOINING A PLATFORM LIKE theright.fit
The biggest advantage is having access to different opportunities in a safe and organised platform.