REPOST from HUSSKIE. 50 Questions: Fakander blogger Fredrika Akander gets talking
You just need to take one look at Fakander blogger Fredrika Akander to understand the male population’s continual fascination with all things Scandinavian. Blonde tousled locks teamed with Nordic looks and tanned limbs, Fredrika embodies every preconceived notion associated with the area.
But looks aside, Fredrika is also clearly a talent in the creative department – a fact that has seen her grow a highly-engaged steady stream of Instagram followers. Originally hailing from Sweden, Fredrika is now currently residing in Melbourne, Australia where she is a content creator – doing work for such brands as Stylerunner, Carat London and UGG. Here, we get probing to find out a little more about Fredrika’s background story…
1. Best beauty product of all time? Organic coconut oil
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Urban Decay’s One and Done bb cream, Laura Mercier stick cream bronzer and Aesop face wash, toner and facial oil
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy all day everyday
4. Makeup or no makeup? No makeup
5. Favourite fragrance? The yellow Biotherm for sentimental reasons. It reminds me of home
6. Favourite item of clothing? A grey chunky cable knit sweater my mum knitted for me that is so heavy and fluffy – it’s like wearing an actual sheep!
7. Favourite fashion brand? I’m a sucker for Scandinavian brands… Samsoe & Samsoe and Munthe are some of my favourites!
8. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym
10. Yoga or running? Yoga
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Treat yourself! But with that said, I tend to eat 80 per cent healthy and 20 per cent treats… which means ice cream! I tell myself that a little bit of ice cream everyday is good for you
12. Can you cook? I’d like to think so! I actually really enjoy it. I’m terrible at baking though
13. Favourite food? Mexican is my guilty pleasure
14. Favourite drink? I don’t drink alcohol, so would have to say sparkling water or pineapple juice
15. Best place to eat out? Not a fan – I love home-cooked meals!
16. Happiest moment? With my man on our secret beach in Greece
17. Saddest moment? Leaving my family on the other side of the world for the big move to Australia
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Insta!
19. Blog or YouTube? Blog
20. Iphone or camera? Camera
21. Type of camera? Canon 6D
22. VSCO cam or Snapseed? VSCO cam
23. Facetune or untouched? What’s Facetune? My phone has been broken for years and I can’t keep up with new apps!!
24. Favourite filter? Not using a specific one, I always just edit my photos the same… I guess I should save the settings as a ‘filter’
25. Shooting on-the-go or location scouting? Shooting on-the-go
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? A little bit of both would keep me sane!
27. Current job? Content creator
28. How did you get into blogging? Just by chance
29. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Sometimes five seconds – sometimes five hours
30. Who takes your pics? My boyfriend or my sister when she’s around!
31. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? I don’t really consider myself an influencer
32. Career highlight? All the amazing travelling we have been able to do, I have a feeling 2017 is gonna be the best year yet though so stay tuned for the most exciting stuff! I love travel campaigns – which I cannot even call work
33. Career lowlight? Please don’t hate me, but social media events. I really hate networking and small talking – which are like two key things you HAVE to do in this industry!
34. The best gift you’ve ever received? Experiences rather than materials. We have a collaboration coming up with Noosa tourism which will be super exciting!
35. Favourite thing to do in your spare time? Lazy beach days. In winter – a cup of tea and a good TV series marathon. I’m such a home person
36. Book you love? I really loved ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’ by Khaled Hosseini and ‘Midnight’s Children’ by Salman Rushdie
37. What type of music do you listen to? Currently ‘Lovesick’ by Mura Masa x ASAP rocky. I’m such a top 40 kind of person!
38. Living in the city or living by the beach? Beach
39. Summer or winter? Summer
40. Favourite travel destination? So hard to pick one! I’d have to say Greece though because it’s been my go to place since I was a child!
41. Sweden or Australia? That’s impossible to choose! If I could just get my family over here I would say Australia
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Dinner!
43. Partner or single? Partner
44. Siblings? Older sister
45. What city are you currently living in? Melbourne
46. Celebrity girl crush? Penelope Cruz
47. Celebrity boy crush? Meh. I got my dream man right by my side
48. Pets? A cheeky puppy called Charlie
49. To five Instagram accounts to follow? @tezzamb (and her dog’s account @brittawalks) @freyadowson, @rebeccabotin, and @tooyoungtowed
50. Favourite quote you live by? “Always go on your gut feeling” – I live and swear by it
Got any questions you want to know from top influencers? Drop a line in the comments below and we’ll take a look.
All images: @Fakander
Original Article: Husskie.