Foodbank, Australia's largest national food relief charity, is looking for influencers keen to support a worthy cause through social media. Through August they are launching their annual Food Fight campaign.
Foodbank are asking Aussies to take a snap of an empty lunchbox and upload it to their social media using #JoinFoodFight - with every post equalling one meal donated to an Aussie in need. It's that simple! We'd like influencers to do the same and bring awareness to hunger relief in Australia.
Did you know? Please use these stats to support any social posts:
- 1 in 6 Australians have experienced food insecurity in the last 12 months
- For over a quarter of these people, it is a regular occurrence
- Over half a million people now receive food relief from Foodbank agencies each month, a third of whom are children
- Charities are unable to cope with demand and have to turn away over 43,000 people each month
- Just 50c can provide a meal for someone in need
- 1kg of food for kids provides a $110 social return on investment for kids