Women In Business: Lauren Vickers on Brands, Social Media Influencers & ROI | Episode #124
Brand builder, Model & Social Media Influencer Lauren Vickers joins our LIVE show and Macleay College Advertising & Media Degree lecture in Sydney on – ‘Brands, #SocialMedia Influencers & ROI’.
I have a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye as I realize that this is one of the proudest achievements of my life thus far…
Whilst I have run global award-winning social media campaigns, with case studies on both Instagram and Twitter’s Global Business Blogs and won a Facebook Award last year and have changed the face of social media for a range of international brands including Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Peroni Italian Beer, Bulmers Original Cider, Cancer Council Australia & more, I do not have a university degree. In fact, I’ve dropped out of both a Bachelor of Applied Science – Biochemistry and aMasters of Entrepreneurship & Innovation degree… and yet this past month I have just become a university lecturer for the very first time.
On this week’s episode of Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet!, entrepreneur, model and theright.fit social media influencer, Lauren Vickers joins me at Macleay College’s Sydney university campus to discussSocial Media Influencer Marketing, working with high profile brands and how both brand/social media influencers should approach partnerships and content production to drive mutually beneficial Return on Investment.
Our vast ranging chats cover:
- Lauren’s evolution from career model to Social Media Influencer with a highly engaged audience of 1.2 million Facebook fans, 169K Instagram followers and 33K+ Twitter followers.
- Driving ecommerce for brands:
- Via video/still content and what platforms to use.
- By partnering with the right social media influencer.
- TheRight.Fit influencer app and how brands are using this Australian platform to drive successful social media influencer relationships and campaigns.
- What brands should look for when seeking a social media influencer for their brand. Genuine social media influencers Vs wannabe Instagram models (both male and female).
- ROI and Measures of Success – in the mind of the influencer and how they differ from how brand marketers view ROI?
- Best Practice for Brands with examples from Tuscan Tan, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate and Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Top Tips for Social Media Influencers looking to generate mutually beneficial ongoing relationships with brands.
- The Secrets of Engaging Customers Online – for both brands and social media influencers.
My ultimate in life is to get paid to do what I love for a living, whilst making a positive impact on the lives of others and so presenting to the students at Macleay College in their TV studio as part of the Social Media Strategy stream and as part of one of their 4 key assignments this first trimester of 2017, definitely ticks all of those boxes.
And I was determined to be able to share this knowledge and experience with as many possible, so Lauren and I (with the help of Macleay College and the right.fit) recorded this university lecture not only as a Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet’s weekly iTunes podcast and Bondi Beach Radio show, but the Macleay College production team also captured the video content for me for a Hot & Delicious: Rocks the Planet! social media TV pilot, which will be online on H&D digital channels VERY shortly!
Exciting times ahead and I hope you love this chat as much as I do!
xo Dan Wilkinson
Creator of Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet!, social media strategist, university lecturer and social media influencer.
Article & podcast by Dan Wilkinson of Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet!
Android users – you’ll need to download the free Podcast Republic app then search Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet.
Connect with Lauren Vickers online:
Hit Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet up on social media here:
Hot & Delicious YouTube – Ballistyx Snowboard Show, interviews & more.
‘Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet’ entertainment, travel, photography & lifestyle blog:
Connect with Macleay College online:
theright.fit today – Brand and Social Media Influencer App:
For social media strategy, content production, speaking engagements & social media influencer business enquiries contact:[email protected]
Special thank yous for everyone who had a part in making this a reality:
- Lauren Vickers.
- Macleay College:
- Ian Thomson (Head of Faculty).
- Jeremy Taylor Riley (Social Media Strategy Lecturer).
- Alex Newall.
- The Production Team.
- Benjamin Sopronick.
- Mitchell Dodds.
- Cisco Corea
- Cat Douglas (Marketing and Social Media Manager).
- Taryn Williams (Founder & CEO – theright.fit).
- Grant Flannery (Strategy Director – co:collective).