How to nail a casting
You never really know what’s expected when casting so it’s best to be prepared. Here are some helpful tips to help you put your best foot forward.
Model: Courtney Burling
- Practice your walk: Stand tall. Ensure your shoulders are kept back. Walk as though a piece of string is holding your head up. Try not to swing your arms too much. Walk to the beat of the music. Have confidence in yourself.
- Get a good nights sleep: There’s nothing worse than a model who looks tried. Go to sleep early and drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- What to bring: Remember to take your portfolio and printed comp cards to every Bring a hair tie, you may be asked to put your hair up.
- What to wear: Unless the client has requested to see you in a particular dress code keep your outfit simple and for both males and females casting agents recommend seeing models in fitted pants and a simple plain t-shirt. TIP: wear skin coloured underwear, just in case the clients requests you to try a garment on.
Model: Rachelle Xuereb
- Hair and makeup: Clients genuinely will prefer to see models skin barefaced. This allows them to see if the model has clear, glowing healthy looking skin. Same rule applies for hair. Clients like to see the texture of the models hair without any styling products added to it.
- The best tip of them all is to be you and enjoy yourself.
Advance your career + join our team of creatives: theright.fit