Influencer Marketing: Why It Matters
Influencer marketing is getting stronger as people see the great results they can achieve by having the right people spreading their message on social media. Owned influencer networks empower brands and agencies by allowing them to manage their most enthusiastic and influential brand ambassadors, while also allowing for discovery of new influencers through lookalike audience building.
Tessa Wegert, business reporter for ClickZ was quoted in the report:
An influencer outreach program is quickly becoming indispensable to the modern digital marketing strategy. Influencers are more valuable to brands now than they’ve ever been for their ability to deliver on social chatter, earned media, and action.
Influencer marketing by the numbers.
If you’re still trying to determine how much to invest in the new year, Influencer Orchestration Network compiled a cross-section of the most compelling stats together in one place to help you make the call.
- 78 percent of brands increased their content output in the last two years but average content engagement decreased by 60 percent. Basically, content marketing really needs influencer marketing to succeed. (Source)
- 92 percent of people trust recommendations from individuals (even if they don’t know them) over brands. (Source)
- 25 percent of web traffic is driven by Facebook alone. Facebook is developing into a platform that allows for easier content discovery. Their video play growth is huge, as well. (Source)
- 74 percent of consumers use social media to make purchase decisions. (Source)
- 8 in 10 of the most influential people for teen audiences are YouTube stars. That number keeps growing every year, pushing traditional celebrities further down the list. (Source)
- 81 percent of marketers who have used influencer marketing judged it to be effective. (Source)
- 51 percent of marketers believe they get better customers from influencer marketing. That’s because the relationship began with trust in the influencer. (Source)
- 37 percent better retention is reported for customer acquired through word-of-mouth advertising. (Source)
- 59 percent of marketers will increase influencer marketing budgets in 2016. Make sure you pick the right influencers for your brand. They’ll be in bigger demand. (Source)
- Finally, 47 percent of online customers use ad block technology. The way to reach them is to provide content they want from people they trust.
Increasing your ROI with influencer marketing.
Burst Media, a digital media and technology company, released a 2014 Influencer Marketing Benchmarks Report, which focuses on generating a higher earned media value through influencer marketing. To build these results, they experimented with 48 influencer marketing programs in 2014, which spanned 15 industries and employed 662 independent web publishers and bloggers.
The study revealed that every $1 spend equaled an earned media value of $6.85.
Influencer marketing is expected to grow at its fastest rate in 2017, increasing both digitally and in-store, along with an increase in organic brand mentions across all social channels. And they will do so by taking control of their strategy and building their own influencer networks.
But who are the right people for your brand?
Finding the influencers who are going to have the most impact is important and on theright.fit, you can do it one of two ways.
You can Post a Job with a clear outline of who you need, post it on the platform and ask influencers to get back to you with their credentials. Or you can Post a Job privately and only invite specific influencers to apply.
You can then assess the impact that they’ll have on your target community. We recommend looking at their profiles and looking at their reach in the community (# of followers) versus the engagement (# of comments & likes). When it comes to followers, bigger does not necessarily mean better. In most cases as an influencer’s follower total rises, the rate of engagement (likes and comments) decreases. (Source)
At theright.fit we check every influencers account to ensure that they have both high reach and good levels of engagement. We do this to make sure that we don’t allow anyone on the platform with purchased followers.
The other way is to create a search through keywords by putting in things like your industry segment, the reach you’d like to achieve and the type of audience you’re after.
Finding the right influencers on theright.fit.
It’s just another way we’re here to help!